Flexible contact angle measurement on site for quality assurance
Our MobileDrop has been specially developed for mobile use. The handy instrument determines the wettability and surface free energy of solids based on the contact angle. It carries out precise, non-destructive measurements on samples of any size, and even measures vertically or on the underside of a surface. The simple operation and rapid measurement makes the MobileDrop particularly well-suited to quality assurance and process optimization, for example in the cleaning, pre-treatment and coating of materials.
Measure easily and quickly on the move
The lightweight instrument, weighing just 500 g, contains a complete measuring system with camera, dosing unit and lens. Thanks to its ergonomic shape, the MobileDrop can be easily operated with one hand. Connected only to a notebook for evaluating data, the MobileDrop measures reliably, independently of the electricity supply, and flexibly with regard to location.
We have developed quickly changeable dosing units - for taking more measurements in the same time - for measuring the surface free energy with several liquids. The automatic measurement-start feature, with which the MobileDrop starts recording immediately after dosing, also saves time.
Questions and applications
- Measurement on large workpieces and finished products such as automobiles or walls
- Determination of the wettability of solid materials before coating or bonding
- Quality assurance of pre-treatment and coating processes
- Quality assurance of cleaning steps
- Checking the effectiveness of hydrophobic coatings
Measuring methods and options
- Measurement of contact angle
- Calculation of surface free energy according to , , , and
- Optional measurement at high temperatures up to 250°C
|Measuring range||5 to 175°|
|Footprint||25 × 52 mm|