Mobile Surface Analyzer – MSA
Measuring surface free energy in a second with only one click
Our innovative Mobile Surface Analyzer – MSA measures surface free energy with two liquids, fully automatically and mobile using our new “One-Click SFE” method. The MSA doses two parallel drops with one click, followed by the direct analysis of the contact angles and the derived results of the surface free energy. All steps are automated and happen within a second. The results enable well-founded statements about wettability by aqueous or organic liquids. The MSA supports you in your quality assurance in the pre-treatment and coating of solid materials in an ideal way.
New, innovative dosing unit for parallel analysis with two test liquids
Our innovative, specially developed double dosing system doses two parallel drops within milliseconds, with high volume precision and minimal kinetic energy. This simultaneous dosing of two drops obviates the need to change the test liquid during the material analysis, as is the case with conventional dosing units. The contactless method prevents unwanted touching of the sample with possible contamination or damage.
Cartridges that can easily be refilled outside the instrument make for simple operation of the dosing system. Fully charged, the handy instrument is capable of dosing 1,000 droplets of each liquid.
We have developed an alternative dosing solution which uses conventional disposable syringes for liquids that require extensive cleaning effort such as adhesives, inks or paints. The conversion to this automatic syringe dosing module is done very quickly.
Simple in operation and flexible in use
The MSA is preferably used with a notebook. Due to the USB power connection, its low weight and small footprint the MSA is ideal for the mobile and non-destructive quality control. The instrument analyses samples of any size, such as automobile bodies. It provides reliable values even for vertical, overhead and slightly convex samples.
Our modern, intuitive ADVANCE – Drop Shape software automatically calculates the surface free energy based on proven and meaningful scientific models. For example, information gained about the polarity of the surface provides a reliable indication of the effect of activation by such methods as plasma treatment.
The precise measurement and scientific evaluation are performed with a single button click. Thus, measurement errors due to incorrect operation are virtually ruled out.
Tasks and applications
- Measurement on large workpieces and finished products such as automobile parts
- Determination of the wettability of solid materials before coating or bonding
- Quality assurance of pre-treatment and coating processes
- Quality assurance of cleaning steps
- Testing the effectiveness of hydrophobic coatings
Measuring methods and options
- Measurement of contact angle
- Calculation of surface free energy according to Owens-Wendt-Rabel-Kaelble, Wu, Zisman, Fowkes and van Oss & Good
- Software-controlled syringe dosing system for one liquid (DS3910)
- Contact angle standard set for calibrating drop shape analysis (CP3970)
- Surface standard kit for volume calibration with sessile drops (CP53)
- Dosing disposable kits (SP10, SP52)